Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hair Tutorial: Dutch Flower Braid

Hello everyone! So just the other day, Rachel came over and helped me out by being one of my models for another hair tutorial! I originally posted this on Instagram and everyone raved about it so I thought why not just do a quick tutorial! It looks super complicating but it's actually really simple and lovely! You just have to know how to french braid! It takes a bit of time for me to do because I wanted it to look really tight. I wish I was talented enough to do this on myself but for some reason, I suck when it comes to my own hair. Rachel redyed her hair which is lookin' super awesome and when done in this dutch braid, looks super fuckin' sweet! I love the blend of colors and shades of blues and purples. She hates her roots but I think it blends really well and looks kinda cool! I also recently bought a teasing brush (finally) and I couldn't wait to use it! I didn't really use it for this particular hairdo but expect more tutorials featuring it! Anywho! Please enjoy this lovely tutorial! 

Products you'll need:
Clear elastic bands
Bobby pins
Flower clip


 Part your hair to the side.
 Take a small section of hair towards the front and begin to french braid.

 Take your braid and slightly curve the braid around the temple and continue to french braid sideways. 
 Start to curve the french braid again and continue to french braid sideways.

 After completing the sideways french braid, continue to braid the remaining hair and tie with your clear elastic bands.
 Slowly and carefully pull apart your braid. 
 This part is kinda tricky. This is where you will make your 'flower' portion of the hairdo. Begin at the end of the braid and slowly roll the braid and pin it securely to the scalp. (I kind of wish I had three arms to take more pictures of this process)

 Add your cute flower clip... and BOOM. 
 DUTCH FLOWER BRAID!



I thought it came out so lovely and Rachel totally rocked it! I love it! It's one of my favorite hairdos to do and I think that Rachel's awesome colors go so well with the hairstyle. Give this one a try! It's a perfect day or night look.

Oh, and if you're wondering why these pictures have such amazing quality, it's because Rachel was kind enough to let me borrow her awesome point and shoot! It made editing so much easier because I really didn't need to do anything! My camera, at the moment, is slowly dying on me, so I'm currently looking for a new one!

Ciao bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment